[roc-info] US Rogaining Championships

Wornerkohn at aol.com Wornerkohn at aol.com
Sun Apr 27 22:58:29 EDT 2008

Members and Friends of ROC/BFLO,

Thanks to everyone who helped at the "A" meet.   Everything went very
smoothly and ROC once again earned a high level of praise from the greater
orienteering community in the US and Canada.

Our next major event is the United States Rogaining Championships on June 14 &
 15 in Allegany State Park.   A Rogaine is a 6/12/24 hour orienteering event
for team of 2-5 people.   Complete details for the event are on the ROC
website. This meet is cosponsored by the Buffalo Orienteering Club

Once again we will need a number of volunteers to pull off a good meet.

CONTROL PLACEMENT TEAMS  (10 people) These teams will be placing and
retrieving controls/water before and after the meet.   Placement will begin on
Thursday morning and continue until the end of the day on Friday.
Pickup will start at noon Sunday and continue until the end of the day on
Monday. Food and lodging will be provided. This is fun way to spend some time in
the woods without the pressure of competing.

REGISTRATION (3) We will need people to staff the registration desk on Friday
night and Saturday morning. It is possible to do this job and still compete.

COMPETITION DESK (3) We need to have a person at the CD throughout the
competition to hold cards of competitors who are in camp and to answer questions
during the competition.

HOUSING/HOSPITALITY (2) This person will supervise the camp and help
competitors find their accommodations.

KITCHEN STAFF (6) The kitchen is open throughout the event.   Help is needed
to serve and prepare meals.

RESULTS (3) A set of people will be needed at the end of each segment to
score the control cards and compile the results.

GOPHERS (2) This person needs to be available to run errands for the kitchen
and the Meet Director during the event.

All workers receive free food and lodging.   It may also be possible compete
in the event in addition   to volunteering.

Please let me know ASAP if you can help.   It should be a great event with
your help.

Thanks,

Rick Worner
Meet Director

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for
U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.