[roc-info] Scrooge-O, Saturday, Don't miss out on this fun event!!!

Wornerkohn at aol.com Wornerkohn at aol.com
Fri Dec 5 11:28:33 EST 2008

Don't miss out on the most important, most fun event of the orienteering
season!   I know that there will be a "meeting" but it is very short, is always
good for a few laughs and you can always amuse yourself by going for seconds on
the potluck dinner (which is truly delicious).

I finished updating the map this week, adding contour lines and a bunch of
details and expanding the original map made for Girl Scout events.   The area
has a mix of open fields, woods, trails and lots of birdhouses.   With 24
controls to find the possibilities are endless...especially if you get "Scrooged".
For those of you who have never done a Scrooge-O, don't panic!   Detailed
instructions will be given prior to the event to make sure everyone is playing by
the same rules...the format is random (go to the controls in any order) but
see if you can avoid getting "Scrooged"!

What to bring: 1) a dish to pass - either a dessert, casserole, salad, or
appetizer.   We will provide hot/cold cups, coffee/tea/hot chocolate, cold drinks
(this place even has an ice-maker).
2) plate and silverware (not the good stuff)
3) headlamp or flashlight

There was a crust of snow on Tuesday, some of that may still be there but
since the ground will be frozen anyways it won't be very muddy....there will
probably be some new snow if the forecasts hold true?!?!?!   It will definitely be
cold so dress warm!

Piperwood is located at 2222 Turk Hill Road, just north of Eastveiw Mall,
look for the O signs at the entrance.   Follow the driveway past the caretakers
house, park in one of the parking lots then walk the rest of the way to the
lodge.

I hope to see you on Saturday!
Linda Kohn

Make your life easier with all your friends, email,
and favorite sites in one place.  Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&
icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010)