[roc-info] Pinewood information

Wornerkohn at aol.com Wornerkohn at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 14:45:28 EDT 2008

      This Sunday we will be holding our final regular meet of the year at
Pinewood Girl Scout Camp.   We will be using the dining hall as our registration
site.   Since the water is turned off for the season we will need to use the
outhouses instead of the indoor bathrooms.   The parking area is a couple
hundred yards down the road from the dinning hall and start area.   You will be
able leave clothes and other items in the dinning hall while you compete.
     Pinewood is one of our best maps and with the leaves coming down the
visibility and running should be quite good.   We will be using e-punching on all
courses.   When you register you will receive a number to pin on the outside
of your clothing where it can be seen by the start and finish crew.   All maps
will be in boxes in bags at the start line with clues printed on the back of
the maps. After you punch the start box you may look at your map and go. A few
extra White maps will be kept at registration for clinics and instuction.
     We would like to introduce some new categories for this meet to start a
discussion of standardizing our local meet standards to be more in line with
USOF guidelines.   Standard categories would also let us introduce some ranking
possibilies within the club in the future.  You should always select your
course based on the perception of your ability rather than your age.  Open
categories exist on all the courses. It will be helpful to the people working at
registration if you know what course and category you want to do when you arrive.
     When you finish insert you EP in the finish box and then give your
registration number to the finish person so we know that you have finished.  If you
don't finish your course please come to the finish to punch and let us know
you're safely out of the woods. Everyone needs to download after returning from
a course so you will included in the results.  You might want to keep your
own time on a watch in case of an e-punch malfunction. Results will be posted by
lists updated as the meet progresses.
     Starts are from 12-2.   If you are planning on running a longer course
that may take you a while please try to get there early so that we have time to
pichk up controls before dark.   Daylight saving time ends this weekend.

We plan to offer the following courses & categories,

WHITE -     Beginner               (1.9K)              M/F 12 & under, Open

YELLOW -     Adv. Beginner          (2.7K)               M/F 14 & under, Open

ORANGE -      Intermediate          (3.2K)          M/F 16 & under, Open

Brown -           Advanced          (3.94K)          M/F 60+. Open

GREEN -      Advanced          (5.2K)          M/F 20 & under M/F50 +, F40+,
Open

RED -           Advanced          (6.3K)              M21, M35, M40,   F21,
F35

     Pinewood is about an hour and a half south of Rochester. Start out by
heading south on Route 390 to exit 4 (Dansville). Follow Route 36 south for 2.6
miles until you see the sign for Stoney Brook Camping Area at Oak Hill Road
(Route 48). Turn left onto Oak Hill Road (Route 48). Go straight through the
Rd. Turn left onto Willey. Pinewood will be on your right. We'll have "O"
signs starting at the turn onto rte. 47.

     We are looking forward to a great event.   Please contact us if you have
any questions.
wornerkohn at aol.com

Rick & Linda

Play online games for FREE at Games.com! All of your favorites,