[roc-info] National Orienteering Day

Rick and Dayle Lavine rdlavine at frontiernet.net
Wed Sep 10 23:52:44 EDT 2008

To the Rochester Orienteering Club:

This Saturday we observe National Orienteering Day with a meet in Highland Park. The main purpose is to introduce orienteering to a wider public, so we offer a white course, but there is a score-o course with long and short options, and a sprint. We encourage you to come out and do one of these, and stay to help to welcome and instruct newcomers.

The score-o visits all parts of the park, and will probably take you to places you've never seen before. The sprint controls are easy, and it is less than 3 km long, but there is a lot of route choice, and it is possible to run the whole way (if you are up to it!)

The start and finish are at the recreation center behind School #12 on South Avenue across from Highland Hospital. As usual, starts are from 12 to 2. We can use help with start/finish, registration, instructio n and greeting. Please come out run a course, help out, and bring friends!

Rick and Dayle Lavine