[roc-info] "A" Meet update 8/7

Wornerkohn at aol.com Wornerkohn at aol.com
Fri Aug 7 21:55:15 EDT 2009

All,

     September 19 & 20 ROC will be hosting the US Sprint and Ultra-Long
Championships. We will also offer a regular Middle distance event on Saturday
afternoon.  Although two of these events are listed as Championships they are
open to everyone and you need not be intimidated by the title. The courses
will be similar to what we offer at our local meets. Complete information
and registration are accessible through the ROC website,
roc.us.orienteering.org  Preregistration is required for all events. A limited number of
recreational courses may be available for the middle distance event on Saturday
afternoon without preregistration, but we encourage people to pre-register.

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
August 15                         Preliminary course lengths and notes
posted on website
August 31                Early Registration Deadline
September 1                   All courses completed and ready for printing.
Final course notes                                              completed
and posted on website. Meet Director notes to website.
September 10               Regular Registration Deadline
September 12               Final course map printing
September 13               Work Night at 874 Edgemere Dr. to stuff maps and
registration materials September 15               Start times posted on the
Website and start lists printed for Starter
September 18               Packet pickup at Super 8 from 8-10PM
September 19/20          See ROC Website

     Attached is a copy of our current work roster.  We always welcome more
help and as an added incentive we offer a 50% discount on registration to
anyone who volunteers and wants to run a course. Please remember that you are
still required to pre-register.

     This should be an exciting weekend with many of the best orienteers
from the US and Canada in attendance.  One of the reasons we host high level
meets is to give our local orienteers a chance to experience great courses
and high level competition, so don't miss your chance to join the fun.

     If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.  We look
forward to seeing many of you at the meet.

Rick Worner
Meet Director
581-2979