[roc-info] CNYO local event this Sunday

Dmjcarto at aol.com Dmjcarto at aol.com
Wed Aug 26 13:13:32 EDT 2009

A quick reminder that CNYO will be hosting a local orienteering event this
Sunday at the Klondike State Forest in West Amboy.
A set of courses ranging from beginner to very advanced will be offered
along with beginner instruction starting at 11 am. Registration closes at 1
pm. For the most part this forest is very open with some very interesting
terrain for an excellent late summer test of your navigation skills. An
excellent prerun for anyone planning on attending the ROC Sprint/Middle/Ultra
Long Champs in a few weeks.
The CNYO web site has basic drive directions to the start/fin/parking.
Below are a bit more detailed directions;
–  Aug. 30 local event will take place in Klondike State Forest, West
Amboy, NY –  Take Exit 33 from I-81 and head East on SR 69. At 11.3km (6.8 miles)
from  I-81 turn South (right) onto CR 26 and proceed just under 500 meters
to the  first left hand turn onto Cusson Dr. Proceed "through" West Amboy
until paved  road ends and turns into a very narrow dirt road into the State
Forest. About 300 meters up this dirt road, at the top of the first hill,
is a small turn off that we'll use for parking/start & finish. This is a
very primitive and restricted location.