[roc-info] Latest ROC newsletter -- printing problem on two pages

Richard Detwiler RLShadow at aol.com
Mon Nov 30 16:29:04 EST 2009

The November issue of the ROC newsletter was affected by an error that
the printing firm made. Pages 2 and 15 were not as intended -- they were
the respective pages from the September issue of the newsletter.

On page 15, the error resulted in something that was a bit confusing,
but not especially critical -- some results were printed on this page
from the Brighton meet, which was summarized in the previous issue.
Instead of the results, a picture from the Mendon Trail race was
intended to go on this page.

On page 2, the error is a bit less obvious at first glance, but
potentially more important. The club officers that were listed on page 2
are actually the officers that were in place in 2008, not in 2009.

The correct version of the newsletter is available on our web site at:

http://roc.us.orienteering.org/newsletter/wild0911low.pdf
or for a larger file and higher resolution:
http://roc.us.orienteering.org/newsletter/wild0911high.pdf

Dick Detwiler, newsletter editor

PS: The printing firm acknowledges their error, and offered to re-print
it and send it out again at no charge to us, but that seemed somewhat
wasteful given the relative low urgency of the errors. As an
alternative, they offered us a price reduction, which we accepted.