[roc-info] Fw: BFLO O-club mini-Rogaine

Sergey Dobretsov dobretsov at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 10:51:17 EDT 2010

ROC Orienteers,

Highly recommended - this coming Sunday Buffalo Orienteering Club will be
hosting a mini-Rogaine at Holiday Valley. See information below for more details
(also available on BFLO website - http://www.buffalo-orienteering.org/):

------------------------

This is a Score-O / Mini-Rogaine lasting your choice of a 3-hour or 6-hour time
limit. Numerous controls are placed over a large area. Locate however many you
desire in any order within your pre-chosen time limit. It's a great format for
both hard-core competition and casual family hiking. Our base is at Holiday
Valley's Upper Ski Patrol and Training Center on Holiday Valley Road about
two-thirds the way up the mountain. From the village of Ellicottville, take
Route 219 south a short distance before turning right on Holiday Valley Road.
Continue up the hill past the Clubhouse Chalet Lodge, and turn left at the signs
for the Training Center or the nearby Yodeler Lodge. We use the WNY Mountain
Bicycling Association's Ellicottville Area Trail Map comprising Holiday Valley,
Holimont, McCarty Hill, Nine Mile Creek, Golden Hill, Art Roscoe, and Rock City.
Map scale is 1:20,000 and in 5  colors.  Registration and Training for Beginners
9:30am-10:45am. Starting time for the 6-hour event is 11am and the 3-hour is
Noon. Questions? Email the Meet Director Jackie Novkov, or call her at (716)
903-1180. Asst. Meet Director Doug Kennedy. Due to the length and complexity of
this event, meet fees are higher than our standard local meets: $15 non-member,
$10 member, $5 child under 12. Cost includes training, meet, map and after-meet
picnic food and drinks. No pre-registration required.