[roc-info] Orienteering - Sunday October 3rd at Mendon Ponds Park

Steven Tylock stylock at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 09:16:27 EDT 2010

[My apologies for the resend - this should have gone out on roc-info, and I
sent it on roc-talk. smt]

What:
Orienteering in Mendon Ponds Park on White, Yellow, Orange, Brown, Green,
and Red courses with epunch. This is also the Fifth ROC club series event.

When:
Starts from noon until 2pm. The starting controls will be pulled at 2pm, so
give yourself time. Courses close at 4pm.

Where:
Cavalry Lodge.

Cost:
$6; $3 for club members.

Course setter notes:

Red: 6.69 km, 17 controls, 1:10,000
Green: 6.23 km, 14 controls, 1:10,000
Brown: 4.12 km, 12 controls, 1:7,500
Orange: 3.96 km, 13 controls, 1:7,500
Yellow: 2.93 km, 11 controls, 1:5,000
White: 1.94 km, 8 controls, 1:5,000

We're starting at Cavalry Lodge and using mostly the East Esker areas - so
the courses are hilly! But the woods and trails are in perfect shape and
very runnable. Poison ivy will not be a problem, but there are patches of
viny undergrowth in some of the depressions that could slow you down. On Red
or Green, leg covering is recommended but not critical, on the other courses
running shorts would work as well.

We could use another person or two for flag pickup if you have time after
the event.  Just check in with myself or Rob Stevens please.

See you on Sunday!

steve
--
Steven Tylock