[roc-info] Ice Breaker "O" Meet

Wornerkohn at aol.com Wornerkohn at aol.com
Sun Apr 10 22:15:21 EDT 2011

The opening meet of the 2011 spring-summer-fall orienteering season will
feature a new starting location within Webster Park, and also a newly-mapped
area west of the park which will provide the opportunity for people on the
Green and Red courses to experience some new terrain and “enjoy” some
longer-than-normal courses.
 The meet will be Saturday, April 16, at Holt Lodge (starting between noon
and 2 p.m.). Holt Lodge is on the east side of Holt Road, just south of Lake
Road (this is essentially right across Holt Road from Parkview Lodge, the
more typical starting venue at Webster Park). This will allow people on the
White and Yellow courses to experience the terrain on the east side of Holt
Road, which was added to our map a year ago.
 The area that has been added this year is the Whiting Road nature trail
area, on the west side of Whiting Road. The Green and Red courses will venture
into this area.
 Courses are still being fine-tuned as of this writing, but approximate
course lengths are: White 1.3 km; Yellow 2.1 km; Orange 4.3 km; Brown 4.0 km;
Green 6.6 km; and Red 8.3 km.

We would like to encourage as many people as possible to pre-register on
our new site set up by Tyler Borden  https://sites.google.com/site/pebal04/

If you have any problems or comments please contact Tyler at
tpb6816 at rit.edu

See you all on Saturday.

Rick Worner- Meet Director
Dick Detwiler- Course Setter and Mapper