[roc-info] Canal Cities Orienteering Festival

Wornerkohn at aol.com Wornerkohn at aol.com
Sun Jun 26 22:05:34 EDT 2011

During the Convention part of the Festival Week (August 1-4) there will be
adult O training every afternoon.  The objective of each day will be to
provide the opportunity to practice orienteering skills. Every afternoon will be
set up with several training options plus a sprint. The sprint will use
e-punch and results will be posted. The training exercises will have a skill
focus each day with exercises that will target that area. There will also be
maps available of all of the controls for those who would like to do their
own thing. The sprint starts will be available from 1:30-3:30. The skill
session instructions will start at 1:30 for those who don’t want to do the sprint
and be repeated as needed after that. Written directions will be available
for those who want to head out on their own, more instruction will be
available for those who need it.

Monday – Mendon Ponds Park (plus media day, kickball, ultimate Frisbee,
night-O)
Tuesday – Durand Eastman Park (golf, swimming, amusement park, and mini
golf also available.
Wednesday – Letchworth State Park (great scenery!)
Thursday – Webster Park (dinner at Wegman’s)
I am still working on determining what the skill focus will be for each
day. Suggestions are welcome so if you have an issue that has been bugging you,
let me know and I can try to find a training exercise that would help.
First deadline for early registration is coming up, June 30. Questions???
Linda Kohn