[roc-info] Upcoming Events for ROC

SandraLomker slomker at frontiernet.net
Wed Aug 19 21:33:37 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to all volunteers who helped at the WDOC from Wednesday to Sunday,
August 5-9.  Everyone did a superb job and all club members as well as other
friends of ROC made these special days for team members from 11 countries.

ROC has cancelled the rogaine at Rattlesnake Hill and instead are having a
regular meet on Sunday, August 30 in Mendon Ponds Park.  We will meet at
Calvary Lodge with starts from 12-2.  Tyler is planning to use the courses
from the WDOC plus an orange and white course.

ROC definitely needs volunteers for Greeter, Registration,
Start/Finish/EPunch, Flag Pick-Up, String-O, and Instruction.  If you are
planning to come please consider helping.  Remember you can participate for
free and you earn a point towards a 2016 shirt.  Jim Pamper and Heidi Hall
are Meet Directors.

On Saturday, August 29, ROC is having a booth to promote orienteering and a
very short Map Adventure in the Hamlet of Mendon. The Mendon Foundation is
sponsoring the Lehigh Valley Festival (Saturday & Sunday) to promote the
Rails to Trails project they are responsible for maintaining from Victor
boundary line to the Rush boundary and the Genesee River (I think a 15 mile
stretch).  This stretch of trail is part of the Monroe County Linear Parks.
There will be many other activities, food, not-for-profit groups, and
vendors as part of the festival.  I (Sandra Lomker) have volunteered to head
this up for ROC on Saturday only and would love to have some volunteers help
with set-up on Saturday 9:30-10:30 and people to put out some flags and
other signs for this event.  Also I will need others to help with giving out
literature and talking about orienteering from the table during the hours of
11-6, 2 hour slots.

In September ROC has 2 more events: 1) Letchworth, Saturday, the 12th, when
we will re-do the A-Meet courses from last year  and 2) Cobbs Hill,
Saturday, the 19th, with starts from 10-12 from Tay House which is ROC's
National Orienteering Day.  Both of these events need MDs as well as all
other positions, greeters, registration, start/finish/epunch, flag pick up,
instruction, food, and string-O.

I am hoping to have a great response from this email as you all have 4
events you can choose from or you can help with more than one.  Thanks for
your emails in advance.

Sandra Lomker, Volunteer Coordinator

 <mailto:slomker at frontiernet.net> slomker at frontiernet.net