[roc-info] Upcoming ROC Meets

SandraLomker slomker at frontiernet.net
Thu May 21 00:26:49 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

There are several opportunities to volunteer to help at one of the upcoming
Rochester Orienteering Club events.

We are still in need of a few more persons to greet and register persons for
the Map Adventure, Saturday, May 30.  There is a mass start at 11am for both
the 3 and 5 hour categories, either with bikes or on foot.  The start is
Fleet Feet (behind the Culver Rd. armory).  This event helps you learn a
little more about Rochester, its parks and landmarks.  Also we need someone
to help set up food, instruct, clean up and assist our Meet Directors, Rick
& Dayle Lavine, rdlavine at frontiernet.net

Sunday, June 7, Rotary Sunshine Camp, Rush, regular meet, starts 12-2.

WE ARE IN NEED OF A COURSE SETTER(S).  Linda Kohn is willing to work with
anyone who would like to try designing and/or setting out courses.  If you
have any interest please let me know or Linda Worner.Kohn at aol.com

            NEEDED: ALL other positions.  We do have a MD Nancy Burgey
nburgey at gmail.com

Saturday, June 13, ADK EXPO, Mendon Ponds Park Beach Area, ROC will have a
table for information as well as a short beginners course for anyone to try.
NEEDED: Persons to man the table and give out information as well as maps
for participants to try orienteering.  2-hour shifts will be available from
8-9 to set up table etc, 9-11, 11-1, 1-3, 3 on to help take down table etc.
We need extra help from 10-12 to assist Don Winslow when he leads a couple
of workshops too.  reroteacherteacher at rochester.rr.com

PLEASE CONSIDER HELPING AT ONE OF THESE EVENTS.  The volunteer chart is on
the ROC website if you want to look further ahead and volunteer at a later
event.

Thanks for all you do to help make ROC one of the best clubs in the US.

Sandra slomker at frontiernet.net