[roc-info] ROC September meets, the 12th & 19th

SandraLomker slomker at frontiernet.net
Thu Sep 3 12:54:10 EDT 2015

Hi All,

Thanks to Lindsay we now have a MD for the Letchworth East Meet on September
12 with starts from 11-1pm, courses closing at 3:30.  We also have Course
Setters including Tom Rycroft to redo the A-Meet courses which will start on
the East Side at the Parade Grounds, no charge for entering the park.

As usual we also need a Greeter, one more for registration, Flag Pick-Up,
String-O, Food (probably have enough cookies & pretzels, plus drink mixes so
will only need fruit), and Instruction.

ROC also has a 2nd event in September, Saturday, the 19th at Cobbs Hill.
This regular meet will be part of National Orienteering Week, a very special
invitation for newcomers, Scouts and others to learn about orienteering.  It
will be held at the Tay House, courtesy of Scout Troup 19. We have a MD Carl
Palmer and a CS Sean Sims, but we need all other positions.  Please consider
helping.  Let me know if you are willing to help so I can update the
volunteer list and be assured we are covered in all areas.

Thanks, Sandra Lomker, Volunteer Coordinator

slomker at frontiernet.net

Who is interested in setting up the Corn Maze on Saturday, October 10?  From
the messages I have heard from Rick & Linda, it sounds like it would be best
if we could arrange something to start before the public comes.  This sounds
like so much fun, I hope we can get someone to plan this event.