[roc-info] A great loss to our orienteering family

Laurie Hunt hunt.laurieanne at gmail.com
Sun May 22 09:19:07 EDT 2016

[image: Inline image 1]
With great sadness we announce the loss of our dear friend and member,
Carol Moran, pictured on the right. If you did not know Carol personally,
you probably knew her friendly smile at the registration table or her
cheery voice on the ROC Hotline.

Carol was an unwilling participant when her late husband Tom first brought
her orienteering many years ago. Ultimately Carol became the club
ambassador, encouraging everyone that "if I can do it, you can." She was
ever present at events, workshops, and board meetings, with knitting on her
lap or clipping coupons for soldiers. She brought the brownies, and the joy.

Carol will be truly missed, for all that she contributed to our club, but
mostly for the sunshine she brought with her wherever she went.

Calling hours will be held tomorrow (Monday) from 4-7 at Richard H. Keenan
Funeral Home, 75-1 Pittsford Palmyra Road, Fairport. Funeral service
Tuesday 10am at the First Congregational United Church of Christ, 26 E.
Church Street, Fairport.