[roc-info] Reminder -- Mendon Trail Run this Saturday

Richard Detwiler RLDetwiler at frontiernet.net
Wed Nov 2 10:52:32 EDT 2016

The annual Mendon Trail Run will be this Saturday, Nov. 5. Current
weather forecast is looking good! High in the mid 50's with only a 10%
chance of rain.

For more information about the race, and for the link for on-line
registration, see the event web site at:

http://roc.us.orienteering.org/mtr/

On-line registration closes Thursday night at 11 pm. There is a limit of
350 for the race, and we currently have 350 entrants. If we hit the
limit of 350, there won't be any day-of-meet registration, so if you
want to do the race please pre-register soon. We will also offer
registration, space permitting, at bib number pickup which will be
Friday from 5 pm to 8 pm at Medved on Monroe Avenue. If you don't
register online and then decide to do the race, registration at Medved
on Friday evening is strongly preferred, as it avoids having you come to
the race Saturday and possibly finding out that the race is full.

There is a $5 discount for ROC members. You'll need to pay the full
price when registering, and then send me an e-mail letting me know that
you're a member. I'll verify that your membership is current, and then
give you a $5 refund when you pick up your bib number.

The distances offered are 10K, 20K, 30K, and 50K. The 50K starts at 8
am; all other distances start at 9:30 am. The start location and race
headquarters is Stewart Lodge.

If there are any questions, please e-mail me.

Dick Detwiler, registrar