[roc-info] Skills & Strategies

RWorner LKohn wornerkohn at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 16:13:19 EST 2018

Hi ROC,
One of the best books ever written about how to orienteer is Orienteering
Skills and Strategies by Ron Lowry and Ken Sidney.  Both authors are former
Canadian Team members.  The book is quite old, went out of print years ago
but it have been revived in digital format.  Even though it is old, the
basic information is top notch.  You can ignore the parts about copying
master maps (we print them for you) and pin punching (we now use electronic
punching) and a few other things but the rest of the book is the same stuff
that we do now.
I don't recommend printing it out since it's 135 pages but you may wish to
print out  sections that you find interesting.
Linda​
 Orienteering Skills & Strategies.pdf
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aKjUAVT5pLC7InrkvX7Q3thElstGcMzP/view?usp=drive_web>
​