[roc-info] Karl & Mary Kolva

RWorner LKohn wornerkohn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 12:15:14 EST 2018

Hello Orienteering Friends!
Karl and Mary have moved!  Last fall Rick and I stopped in to visit them in
their Irondequoit home and found that they were packing to move to a new
home in Great Valley, NY to be with family.  Some of you may have had a
chance to say hi to them when they visited at the A meet last September.
Recently, we received a card from them with their new address:
Karl & Mary Kolva
4508 Courtney Highland
Great Valley, NY 14741

Karl was a very active club member for many years, responsible for making
numerous schoolyard maps as well as field checking and drawing several of
our maps.  He competed into his 90's at almost every local meet.
Nationally he was active on the "O" in the Schools committee as well as
traveling to OUSA conventions and national "A" meets.
Mary, although she didn't compete, attended local meets and contributed
immensely by  providing awesome homemade treats for all of us to enjoy.
She was also responsible for sewing over 200 flags for the club as well as
making awards for special events.
As I write this I'm reminded of many other things that they contributed but
think it would be too long for this message....I'll write it up for the web
site.
I'm sure that both Karl and Mary would love to hear from you, even if you
didn't know them very well.
Linda