[roc-info] Ski Mendon!

rdlavine at frontiernet.net rdlavine at frontiernet.net
Fri Nov 23 16:32:30 EST 2018

Hi folks,
I just returned after a great ski in Mendon Ponds Park--  it was groomed and tracked Monday!  by  a  lucky chance, I heard about skiing at Mendon yesterday- missed almost a week of skiing
Today was absolutely wonderful, almost perfect for me--  If you can, go tomorrow morning--  skating looked great--  I used no wax( do not use kick wax because there are leaves under the oaks--)  I skiied the South fields--  there are only a few patches of leaves to traverse-I hope the surface does not lock up over night-  I like a slightly soft surface for grip and safe downhills
The North field is groomed and tracked , too-- also the Rugby Field opposite Cavalry--
Quaker pond has been skiied in , but the walkers walk in the ski tracks-  Quaker not  good
Enjoy if you canDayle