[roc-info] Rochester Map Adventure registration is open

Richard Detwiler RLDetwiler at frontiernet.net
Thu May 2 21:21:45 EDT 2019

You can now register on-line for the 2019 Rochester Map Adventure. This
event will be held on Saturday, June 15, starting from the Abundance
Co-op on South Avenue.

To register, follow this link:
https://www.orienteeringusa.org/eventregister/a40/register/start/rma-2019

This year, registration uses the OUSA Event Register application. There
are advantages to the club of using this system, and this uses a system
that many orienteers are experienced with. One important difference from
previous years, though, is that every team member needs to register.
There is a place in the registration process to list your other team
members, so the event organizers know who is teamed up together, but
listing the team members does not register them -- each team member has
to register.

Entry fees are as follows (all prices are per person, regardless of how
many are on a team):

Now until June 1: $12 adults; $6 juniors 11-18 years old; 10 and under free

June 1 until June 13: $18 adults; $9 juniors; 10 and under free

Day of meet: $24 adults; $12 juniors; 10 and under free

Participants 18 and under must be on a team that includes at least one
adult 19 or over.

There is an optional box lunch available for $9. This can be selected
when registering. The deadline for requesting box lunches is June 1.

Any questions? Feel free to ask me, Dick Detwiler at
RLDetwiler at frontiernet.net.

PS: Also, we could still use a couple of additional vetters. Vetting
means making sure that the controls we have are accurate -- that the
circle is in the right place, that the questions make sense and are
unambiguous, and that the multiple choice responses are accurate (ie,
correct answer is listed, and none of the other answers could be
interpreted as being correct). If you're unable to participate in this
event on June 15, but you'd like to help out and get a similar enjoyment
as actually participating in the event, you might consider helping out
with the very important vetting process. Contact Dick Detwiler at Dick
Detwiler at RLDetwiler at frontiernet.net if you're interested in helping.