[roc-info] orienteering this weekend

Rick and Dayle Lavine rdlavine at frontiernet.net
Fri May 16 18:02:09 EDT 2008

I'm sending this out because there is some question whether it made it before. Sorry if you got it twice.)

Sunday- Orienteering- Irondequoit Bay West
(Call hotline-377-5650 for directions or check the web site)

Courses to challenge you!!!!

                White-    1.12 km    80 m climb
             Yellow -  1.55 km   100 m climb
             Orange-   2.7  km    110 m climb
( wear shoes with good treads- and bring  a "third leg" if your knees need a little assist because this park has HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    & the  Zig Zag 3.8 km    210 m climb
(this course is for runners who want challenge-the  physical demand  and the orienteering route choice will will keep you breathing HARD- we promise!)

Irondequoit Bay West is  a beautiful park with very open woods and high ridges with views of the bay.  There will be a portapotty and a water jug, but no source of water, so it would be good to bring your own.

Rick & Dayle - course setters