[roc-info] Roc member going to ski-o world championship

Eric Barbehenn eric at johnmyersphoto.com
Sat Jan 17 21:37:57 EST 2009

ROC Members & Friends,

A member of the Rochester Orienteering Club, Randy McGarvey, has been
invited to compete in the World Ski-Orienteering Championships (WSOC)
near Sapporo, Japan in March of this year. Randy also competed in the
WSOC in Russia in 2007 and presented pictures and stories about that
trip at the 2007 annual meeting. Here is a note from Randy about the
upcoming trip to Japan.

Randy will have a display set up at the ski-orienteering meet on
Sunday, 1/18, at Hopkins Point Lodge in Mendon Ponds Park (part of the
Mendon Winterfest). If you would like to make a donation to help
offset the cost of this trip, a donation box will be set up at the
meet this Sunday.

Randy McGarvey
33 Stony Brook Lane
Fairport, New York 14450