[roc-info] Orienteering at Ellison Park this Wednesday

wornerkohn at aol.com wornerkohn at aol.com
Sun Jul 5 15:37:37 EDT 2009

As an addition to the message that Steve sent I would like to point out that all of the Sprint events that are part of the ROC Club Series are ALSO PART OF THE US SPRINT SERIES.? Sprint results?from all over the US are compiled and a final "Sprint Festival" will be held in November in Cal.? You probably won't go to the final but you, too, can be part of the national series and see how you do compared to orienteers from all over the US and Canada.? There are no eligibility requirements so you don't have to belong to USOF or ROC...just participate in?athe local?events.
Don't forget that the US Sprint Championships (sponsored by USOF but with medals only to USOF members, this is a one time competition and not based upon any other competitions) is going to be held in Mendon Ponds in September.? Our local series is a way to get some practice in before the champs.
For those of you (like me) whose "sprinting" looks more like plodding, will still find these short, easy courses a lot of fun.
Linda Kohn