[roc-info] orienteering this Saturday

Rick and Dayle Lavine rdlavine at frontiernet.net
Wed Sep 9 20:42:35 EDT 2009

We observe National Orienteering Day this year on Saturday, September 12 in
Highland Park. Registration is at the recreation center behind School #12 on
South Avenue, opposite Highland Hospital. Starts, as usual, are from 12 to 2
pm. There will be white (1.5 km.) yellow (2.5 km.) and sprint (2.6 km.)
courses. The first two are intended for newcomers and will be free. Club
members are encouraged to come, bring some newcomers, help out in welcoming newcomers, and do the sprint (or any other course), which shouldn't take long, even if your sprint is at walking pace. Running shoes may work better than O shoes; there may be some pavement, and not much running in the woods It appears we won't have access to the building due to circumstances beyond our control. We are looking into restroom options. There will be prizes courtesy
of USOF.

Rick and Dayle Lavine