[roc-info] ROC club series standings after the first two meets

Richard Detwiler RLShadow at aol.com
Mon May 31 16:41:48 EDT 2010

Attached is a summary of results of the ROC 2010 Club Series, after the
first two meets (Webster and Mendon).

Remember that to be eligible for club series points, one must compete on
a course consistent with their age/gender category. The categories for
each course are shown below:

    * White: M/F-12
    * Yellow: M/F-14
    * Orange: M/F-16
    * Green: M/F-20, F35+, M45+
    * Brown: M65+, F55+
    * Red: F-Open, M-Open

Thus, if a person is on the White course, and 12 or under, that person
earns points for the club series. If a person older than 12 competes on
White, that person would not be eligible for club series points.
Similarly, if a person who is 40 years old competes on Brown, that
person is not eligible for the club series for that meet. If a male who
is 65 or older, or a female who is 55 or older, competes on Brown, that
person would earn club series points.

If you've competed on a course that should qualify you for the club
series, and your name is not shown, please bring it to my attention and
we will correct the results. Also, if you see anything else that appears
to be in error, bring it to my attention.

As can be seen, there are tight races for first place in M-Open, F-Open,
and M45+ at this point.

Dayle Lavine has a good lead in F35+, and Bob Bundy has an impressive
lead in M65+, as does Kathy Bannister in F55+.

Riesa Cassano has had two outstanding races (and has the second highest
total of any competitor in any category) and leads the (so far) lightly
contested F-12 comfortably. Zach Lyons has no competition yet in M-16,
and he has the highest score of any competitor to date, with a total of
35.17 points. Luke Lyons leads the M-12 category, although no
competitors have participated in more than one event at this point.