[roc-info] Local Meet Oct. 13th

Wornerkohn at aol.com Wornerkohn at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 20:09:36 EDT 2010

   The Rochester Orienteering Club will host an orienteering meet on
Wednesday, October 13rd, 2010 at Webster Park starting at the Parkview Lodge.
This event is expected to draw from competitors attending the Golden Leaf
Orienteering Festival in Hamilton Ontario the weekend before as well the more
than 400 competitors attending the US Orienteering Championships at Moreau Lake
State Park (near Saratoga Springs) the next weekend.

Local participants of all ages and skill levels are also welcome.

The event includes Sprint races from 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm, and a Score-O
format race from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Following the races, competitors will
enjoy a dinner of Vegetarian Chili, Bread, Salad, Apple Cider and Dessert. For
this event, reservations are requested. Please consult the club web site.
http://roc.us.orienteering.org

Cost: Adults $10, Juniors (18 & under) $5

We hope that many ROC people will come and make our out of town
Orienteering friends feel welcome. Any club member who volunteers or brings a dessert
to pass can compete and eat for just $5.   We do need some help at
registration, start and finish and picking up controls.

Hope to see many of you on Wednesday night.

Rick Worner
Meet Director