[roc-info] Rattlesnake Sunday, Sept. 12

wornerkohn at aol.com wornerkohn at aol.com
Tue Sep 7 23:48:53 EDT 2010

From: Rick Worner, Meet Director

Jim Russell has set some really interesting looking courses for the meet on Sunday.  We hope that you will plan to attend.  It's quite a distance but the Park-n-ride at the 390 Rush exit makes a good place to meet and share a ride.

Meet info:
There are limited facilities at the event parking area i.e. no water supply, one port-a-john, no nearby stores.  We will have limited water available but it would be good if you could plan to bring your own water.  We will have the usual snacks.
Starts are from 12-2pm and courses will close by 4pm to make sure everyone is out of the woods and controls picked up before dark.  If you are planning to do a longer course and don't go real fast you should plan to arrive early.

There will be a full set of courses:

Course        Length        No. Controls       Climb
white            2.2 km                8                    40 m
yellow           2.9 km                8                    70 m
orange         4.0 km                8                    80 m
brown           4.1 km                7                  125 m
green            5.7 km             10                  185 m
red                7.0 km             10                   200 m

General course notes:
- The woods are generally quite open and easy to traverse, although
green areas can be slow.
- Trails were in very good shape, although there are some muddy areas
due to horses
- Rough open areas are rough ... the grass is high, and the ground is
full of ruts.  Care should be taken when passing through these areas.

Directions:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Driving directions to Dannack Hill Rd

Ossian Hill Rd and Dannack Hill Rd
55.7 mi

I-390 S

1.
Head south on I-390 S

45.8 mi

2.
Take exit 5 toward NY-36/Dansville

0.2 mi

3.
Turn left at Commerce Rd/McWhorter Rd
Continue to follow McWhorter Rd

420 ft

4.
Turn right at NY-36 S/Sonyea Rd
Continue to follow NY-36 S

0.8 mi

5.
Turn left at Ossian St

0.5 mi

47.3 mi – about 45 mins

Dansville, NY

6.
Head southwest on Ossian St toward Spruce St

1.0 mi

7.
Turn left at Co Rd 14/Ossian Hill Rd
Continue to follow Ossian Hill Rd

1.0 mi

8.
Turn right at Co Rd 9/Ossian Hill Rd

0.4 mi

9.
Turn left to stay on Co Rd 9/Ossian Hill Rd

0.8 mi

3.3 mi – about 7 mins

Ossian Hill Rd
Dansville, NY 14437

10.
Head southwest on Co Rd 9/Ossian Hill Rd toward Wagner Rd
Continue to follow Ossian Hill Rd

2.2 mi

11.
Continue onto Linzy Rd