[roc-info] clean up the parks

Rick and Dayle Lavine rdlavine at frontiernet.net
Tue Apr 5 15:46:16 EDT 2011

ROC folks,

This Saturday there will be a parks clean-up from 9am to noon. If you
would like to join an ROC group to help, please let us know, and we will
register the group. The announcement is below:

"Pick Up the Parks" Sat 4/9/2011 - 9:00am-noon - Join the Monroe County
Department of Parks, Sunnking Electronics Recycling, and several local
recreation and environmental groups in continuing the “Pick Up the
Parks” event. This great parks stewardship event will expand from 4 to 6
parks in 2011 - Black Creek, Ellison, Genesee Valley, Mendon Ponds,
Ontario Beach, and Seneca Parks. (See Flyer on CEI-Center for
Environmental Information website
http://ceinfo.org/resources/PUTP2011_flyer.pdf) Collection bags & light
refreshments are provided. Bring your GLOVES, optional litter-grabbing
tools, your self, your family, group of friends, club, organization,
business, scout troop, or class. Questions: Ryan Loysen at
rloysen at monroecounty.gov or 585-753-7281.

I would suggest that among these parks, Mendon is the one that we use
the most, but as happened last year, we might be requested to go
elsewhere. Of course you can go as individual to any of the parks, but
it may be more fun to go as a group, and add to our visibility.

Rick Lavine