[roc-info] Convention Update

Wornerkohn at aol.com Wornerkohn at aol.com
Thu Jun 16 22:42:46 EDT 2011

BOD & ROC Info Members,

THE FIRST DEADLINE FOR THE CANAL CITIES ORIENTEERING FESTIVAL IS JUNE 30.
A complete schedule of events and registration information can be found at:
    www.2011ccof.org

Below is an updated list of volunteers for the Convention (July 31-August
5) We still need more help in most areas so please let me know where you
would like to volunteer.   We need some people to serve coffee and tea during
the morning Convention Program.   Mary Kolva has agreed to bake some of her
great treats for the evening Social on 7/31 and after the AGM on 8/4.   She
will need some more bakers and some people to serve.

Linda is coordinating the afternoon training exercises and we need some
people to put out and pick up controls each day. We also need people to help at
registration at the afternoon training sessions.

If anyone is planning to take his or her family to the fun night at Sea
Breeze on 8/1 we need a coordinator for that event.

Thanks,

Rick Worner
Convention Director

TENTATIVE CONVENTION VOLUNTEERS
 VENUE
Cornell Cooperative Extension, 249 Highland Avenue

Sunday, 7/31 -   Welcome Social at Quality Inn: RICK WORNER, STINA
BRIDGEMAN, CAROL MORAN, STEVE TYLOCK

Monday, 8/1 -    AM workshops and programs at CCE:
Coaching Certification, STEVE TYLOCK ATTENDING WORKSHOP
Map Making, DICK DETWILER PRESENTING
Junior   Camp, MIKE LYONS COORDINATING
Kids Program, LINDSAY WORNER COORDINATING
Babysitting, SANDRA LOMKER COORDINATING
Fund Raising, OUSA Committees etc. RICK WORNER

Sprint and PM Orienteering Skills Program at Mendon Ponds (Beach) ROB
HOLMES, LINDA KOHN, TYLER BORDEN
Catered Picnic RICK WORNER
Ultimate Frisbee and other Group Games, JOEL SHORE
Dusk to Dark Night O, MIKE LYONS, AND JUNIOR TEAM

Tuesday, 8/2, -   AM Programs and Workshops same as 8/1
Sprint & PM Orienteering Skills Program at Durand , LINDA KOHN, TYLER
BORDEN
O in the Schools, KARL KOLVA PRESENTING
Picnic and swimming at Durand, RICK WORNER
Family Fun Night at Sea Breeze Amusement Park (waterslides etc.)
Nine hole golf tournament at Durand-Eastman Golf Course, PETER DADY
Miniature Golf Tournament near Durand, LINDSAY WORNER

Wednesday, 8/3   AM Workshops and Programs same as 8/1
Sprint & PM Orienteering Skills Program at Letchworth (Trailside), KATHY
BANNISTER, LINDA KOHN, TYLER BORDEN
Mountain Bike O at Dryer Park, SERGEY DOBRETSOV
 Canal Program, STEVE COORDINATING
OUSA BOD Meeting, Quality Inn at 7:00PM, RICK WORNER

Thursday, 8/4 -   AM Workshops and Programs same as 8/1
Sprint & PM Orienteering Skills Program at Webster Park (Parkview), DICK
DETWILER, TYLER BORDEN,
LINDA KOHN
 Group Dinner at Wegman's Pittsford at 5:30PM, RICK WORNER
 OUSA AGM at CCE at 7:00 PM, RICK WORNER
 Social following the AGM, RICK WORNER
 OUSA BOD Meeting at CCE, RICK WORNER

Friday, 8/5 -
10AM Canoe O at Genesee Waterways Center near UR (Rentals) RICK & DAYLE
LAVINE
 1PM National Trail O Championships and Demo meet at Highland Park. RICK
WORNER, STINA BRIDGEMAN, MIKE LYONS AND JUNIOR TEAM VOLUNTEERS