[roc-info] CNYO Training Weekend

Wornerkohn at aol.com Wornerkohn at aol.com
Tue Nov 8 19:30:53 EST 2011

>From Erin Schirm about the training weekend by CNYO:
Here is the info for the weekend. Saturday we will meet around noon at
Green lakes main entrance just past the park offices. Saturdays training will
follow generally this schedule:
12-12:15 arrive.
12:20-12:40-Physical training (Core, plyometric, and agility exercises to
strength your body for orienteering.
12:40-1:10-Compass sprint and compass work
1:10-2pm Memory Sprint memory training.
2-2:45 food break
2:45-3:30- Mas start sprint with forked legs
3:30-3:45- head to head sprint races
3:45-4:15 Fun sprint relay.
4:15-5 Control pick up.

Sunday we will meet at Thordon Park by the football field just next to SU
campus at 9am.
9-9:20 am Discus running training, practice good running form,
9:20-10am -field sprint
10am-12noon- 2 sprints on SU campus.
12-1- Close and control pick up.

Not sure if we will have e-punching or not. Probably not but there is a
sight chance. So bring dibblers just in case. Make sure you have good running
shoes without metal studs or spike for the the campus sprints. For any other
questions post them here. If you are not signed up and would still like to
come let me know asap so i can make enough copies of the the courses.

More info:
Erin has a degree in Physical Education from Syracuse University. He was a
scholarship Xcountry runner...this should be a great weekend training. Let
Erin know if you are coming: emschirm @ syr.edu    or go to
http://cnyo.us.orienteering.org/training.html