[roc-info] Mendon Winterfest and pre-registration

Tyler Borden (RIT Student) tpb6816 at rit.edu
Fri Jan 13 21:33:23 EST 2012

If you plan on coming to the Mendon Winterfest meet please pre-register by
going here. <https://sites.google.com/site/pebal04/>

Here is possibly the info on courses offered:

        Beginner             1.7K                         (White)
        Intermediate       2.2K                         (Yellow)
        Advanced            3.1K, 4.7K, 6.2K     (Brown, Green, Red)

What follows may have been sent out already Thursday:

Oh for some snow...

This weekend's scheduled Ski-O Saturday the 14th at Harriet Hollister has
been cancelled due to lack of snow. Organizers are considering rescheduling
for the 21st.

Sunday's Ski-O as part of Winterfest 2012 in Mendon Ponds Park on January
15th will in all likelihood be a foot event.

Winterfest happens snow or no snow, so please join us at Hopkins Point
lodge in Mendon Ponds Park. In keeping with the policy of Winterfest, there
will be no charge.

If we happen to get some snow, there's no stopping you from wearing your
(rock) skis, and snow-shoes are fine even without the snow. But for
practical purposes, plan to run around in whatever minimal covering we have
at the time. (and so shoes with firm traction, cleats, studs, and/or spikes
would be a good idea)

Starts are 11:30-2:00, with registration from 11-2:00. Controls will be
picked up at 3:30, so start early if you think you may take a long time!

We need help in most categories; registration, start/finish, control
pickup. Volunteers will have time to do a course.

To get to Hopkins Point Lodge, from Clover Street (65)  take the northern
entrance and then the first right turn. (The middle park entrance on Clover
is closed in winter.)

Hope to see you there!

Steve