[roc-info] Ski Orienteering update - Harriet Hollister Likely for Sat Jan 21

Steven Tylock stylock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:39:21 EST 2012

The Harriet Hollister Ski-O originally scheduled for Sat Jan 14th that was
cancelled has been re-scheduled for Saturday January 21st.

Conditions are currently very icy, and we'll update with a final go/no go
Friday. (There's supposed to be some snow Thursday tonight, and potentially
a bit more Friday night.)

Registration and starts 12-1:30.  Registration and finish will be in the
parking lot, with starts for most courses a 1.2km ski up the road. (White
will start at the parking lot.)  Courses close at 3:30.

Course information:
 white - 2.7km, 40m, 7 controls - Rec
 brown - 3.7km, 60m, 8 controls - F-16, M-16, F-18, F55+, F70+, M70+
 green - 4.4km, 110m, 10 controls - M-18, F40+, M55+
 red - 6.3km, 170m, 14 controls - F19+, M40+
 blue - 7.4km, 195m, 16 controls - M19+

Distances are straight-line; sticking to the trails will definitely add to
it.

Facilities are minimal - there's no shelter at the parking lot, and
bathrooms are a 1.2km ski up the road (by the start).  We don't know if
they are unlocked.

We could use help in registration, start/finish, and control pickup.
Volunteers will have time to do a course.

Directions: Harriet Hollister Spencer: The area is southwest of Honeoye
Lake. From Rte 20A (west of the town of Honeoye) take rte 37 south, keep
going straight after 37 bears right. HHS is about 5 miles from 20A. Click
here for the state's web page and
directions<http://nysparks.com/parks/164/getting-there.aspx>
.

Hope you can get out!