[roc-info] ROC Mendon Trail Run Saturday Nov 4

Heidi Hall hhall313 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 20:49:59 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone,
ROC's annual Trail Run at Mendon Ponds Park is quickly approaching! We've
got just over 200 runners registered already and we could use a few more
volunteers to make sure the event runs smoothly! Please see the
descriptions below of jobs that still need filling. If you're able to come
out and help, please see https://www.timetosignup.com/rocvolunteers/sheet/
220796/ or email me to sign up! The help is greatly appreciated!

I'm looking for at least one person to help out at Medved on Friday
afternoon at bib pickup. Pickup is from 5pm to 8pm and I'm planning to be
there at 4:30 to get setup. This job is not on the signup website so please
email me if you're able to help.

We need a couple of people to help with registration the morning of the
event. This is a relatively short job as registration is only open from
7-9:30. We'll be handing out bibs and shirts and accepting on-site
registration.

We need a person at the road crossing to help direct traffic and assist
runners in crossing safely for the afternoon shift (noon - 4:30).

We another person at the kennel aid station noon-4 and a person to keep an
eye on food supplies in lodge in the afternoon.These jobs are mainly
keeping snack supplies stocked and helping runners find what they need.

I could use a person at the finish line in the afternoon to hand out 50k
finisher souvenirs and help direct runners through the start/finish line on
each lap (we want to make sure they cross the timing line before they take
care of any stops such as bathroom breaks or food breaks.

thanks,
Heidi