[roc-info] Comments from participants

RWorner LKohn wornerkohn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 18:01:46 EDT 2017

We have received many compliments on the meet, a very positive reaction to
all of your hard work and smiling faces!  Most comments were about how
everything went very smoothly and was well organized.  And that the workers
were all so friendly!  Any complaints generally began with "it's only a
minor thing but" then finished with "I had a great time and really enjoyed
the courses".
I think we set a record for being done early and had very little to do on
Monday to get things back to the garage and return the rental van...having
lots of help at the end really makes up for not getting to run a course!
ROC -you've done yourselves proud!

Here are a few that came to us and from Attack Point:

SaraMae and Larry Berman:
We always look forward going to ROC meets---and we are never disappointed,
even though our participation now is usually selling O-stuff and cheering
others on, not racing ourselves. This past weekend lived up to our best
expectations. O-signs met us as we approached the park and they guided our
way to the meet sights: very much appreciated. You and your members
accommodated our vendor needs and location for our tent. On day 2, we
didn't even have to erect our tent: (ROC had thoughtfully "arranged" with
the park staff that the tent from a group from the day before didn't have
to get collected till Monday---OK, don't take credit, but we'll give it
anyway!) Our big question: how did you arrange such wonderful weather!!!

We had a good selling weekend and we had such a good time meeting old
friends, many are your members. Because you organized everything so well,
awards ended early and we got home just after 10pm---not too late.

As we were leaving, the woman who had arranged the prizes gave us 2 ROC
cups, which we will use with pleasure. And, she offered us leftover veggie
wrap. (I thought I would eat it for lunch today, but when we got to
Amsterdam, where we hoped to eat at a diner, both of them were closed and
Larry had to settle for a sandwich from Denny's---but I had that great
hearts-of-artichoke wrap: delicious.

 Anyway, we always love going to ROC meets; your members are so
professional and do the things so well.
Thank you so much,  Sara Mae & Larry

>From Janet Tryson EMPO:
Thanks to all who worked on the basics and those who pitched in to help at
the Letchworth Falls Classic this past weekend! Your efforts were
appreciated!

>From Mike Waddington (Hamilton, Ontario):
Thanks ROC for a fun weekend (gratuitous climb on Saturday aside).

>From Boris Granovskiy:
In general, though, this was a highly enjoyable and well-organized event.
The Red X course on Day 2 was a particular pleasure to run, with a great
mix of detailed terrain and route choice legs. Thanks ROC and friends!

>From Alex Jospe:
Thanks for a great meet - I enjoyed the atmosphere and attitude in the
arena. Loved having the results screens, music/announcing, vendors, and a
big field to hang out in.

>From Jens Christiansen, SMOC
Thanks ROC, very enjoyable!

Additional AP comments can be found at
 https://www.attackpoint.org/discussionthread.jsp/message_1254932

Thanks to all who made this event so much fun!
Linda