[roc-info] Orienteering Meet at Mendon Park - Devil's Bathtub, Wednesday, June 15th

Richard Detwiler RLShadow at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 22:29:50 EDT 2011

Our next meet will be in a part of Mendon Park we do not normally
venture into much, the Devil's Bathtub area, just north of Pond Rd.  We
will have a white course, the second of the clubs summer sprint series,
and a one hour score-O.

The white course will be open from 6-7:30pm.

Sprints will be open from 6-7pm and the score-O will start at 7pm.

PLEASE pre-register if you can by going HERE
<https://sites.google.com/site/pebal04/> or following the Online
Registration link on the side of the ROC website and filling out the
form. This will save a lot of time at registration for you and us. Thank
you!

Course setter notes:

*Course***

*Controls***

*Length***

*Climb***

White

   7

1.4 km

60 m

Sprint

   13

2.0 km

105 m

Score-O

   29

563 points

   60min

    Full Score-O

   29

6.1-8.5 km

White -  Start begins at 6 PM. Beginner course with points mostly on or
near trails, some hills.

Sprint - Start begins at 6 PM. PLEASE COME EARLY so you can complete the
course in time for the Score-O. The wood are still mostly open in areas
for the sprint. The length is short but don't underestimate the climb.
The will be a potential route across the marsh marked on the map using a
fallen tree bridge. Crossing in the marshy water is not recommended as
the water is quite deep.

Score-O - Mass start begins at 7 PM. Please come early so we can
register everyone, explain the rules and start on time. A Score-O course
allows you to select as many control points in any order within the hour
time limit. Control points will have different point values for
difficulty, distance and random selection. There will also be a small
twist having to visit marked controls to learn the locations of extra
controls worth more points not marked on your map.

Please come early for full explanation of the rules, you will have
several minutes before the mass start to look at the map and plan your
strategy to collect the most points.

Tyler Borden, Course Setter